Sunday, February 03, 2013

My VW Golf GTI MkV

Recently, my favourite car til date just made 80,000km+; and I decided to send it in for an overhaul.  When some of my SG friends heard this, they were like what?!?

But I guess what they don't know is how much I love this car... :)

Besides with the current the COE and car prices, it makes no sense in changing or buying a new car.  Hence, I decided to spend the $$ to do an overhaul and some 'upgrades' as well...

You can call it the MkV GTI reborn.

Below are a list of standard overhaul parts and services that are done.
- stripping the engine bare
- cleaning valves stems, cranks, cams, intake manifold, pistons, connector rods, etc
- replacing gaskets, filters, connector bearings
- servicing gearbox, clutch
- servicing brakes calipers

Some of the strengthening of the engine parts...
- Stronger conrods, valve springs (locks + retainers), bearings
- Uprated injectors
- Uprated Pressure regulator valve
- Uprated Fuel Pump
- Owens HTA65 turbo
- Uprated Intercooler
- Uprated Engine and Transmission mountings
- Replacing stock Open Differential with a Limited Slip Differential


This overhaul marks a very big step ahead in my ride; and I can't wait to get it back from the workshop to run-in the car as I did when I first got it. :)



No comments: