Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hill Crest's Grill @ Bukit Timah

Another food posting from me...

This time is a treat from a friend of mine. And we went to this nice place at Bukit Timah where it seems a lot of foreigners know about but not a lot of locals... Hmm... Most of the people there are foreigners... Japanese, Germans, Brits, etc...

Oh well, back to main point.... (This review will be rather short... But will give a more detailed one when I get my digi cam)

Hill Crest's Grill... Situated at Bukit Timah...

The setting was nice and and quiet. I would say its a romantic place to bring ur guy or gal out on a date. The parking there is rather bad.. and its really hard to find a parking lot... Oh well, so we parked illegally... :P

Food wise.... I guess the restaurant is famous for its steak... so I ordered one of it. My friend however did not want to eat beef... and ordered a cod fish.... On the fresh catch of the day, there were also fresh NZ Oysters on the menu... so without hesitation... we order half a dozen of them....

The oysters tasted great..... it was so fresh.. that there is NO fishy smell at ALL!!!!! I just ate it with lemon and sea-salt.... it was fantastic......

The fish is.... welll... .not so good.... a bit fusion in style... and over-well-done for my liking.....

The steak was good... and it was juicy while maintaining its medium rare taste... (that's how I like my beef)... the freshness of the beef.. with its raw filling taste would make you feel like u are enjoying something truly wonderful.... There are 2 sauces that comes along with the steak.... A red wine sauce... and another 'sort of creamy' sauce (which I can't recall the name)... The red wine sauces suits it well.... brings out the aroma in the beef..... :) Puts a big big smile on my face..

Deserts wise... it serves a good array of classy deserts.... e.g. Creme Brulee... Tiramisu... some cakes..... which I dun remember... The Creme Brulee is good.... not too sweet... yet not too thick..... just nice... The Tiramisu was also not bad.... the whip... was soft.. and light.... the flavour was jus nice... not too sweet.... n fluffy... the base was good... with the coco top being aromatic... n the finger was soaked nicely.. with a good dose of espresso and a hint of liqueur... :)

That's all folks... will give a more detailed description when I go abck there again...

No comments: